Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Two Themes

ou may have already heard of this, but there's been a buzz pertaining to Final Fantasy XIII. Sure everyone's excited about the game, but the current rage is regarding the theme song.

You see, for the NA and Europe release of FF XIII, Square-Enix chose Leona Lewis's "My Hands" from her album "Echo" as the theme song. The Japanese theme song is entitled "Kimi Ga Iru Kara" and sung by Sayuri Sugawara. Now people are split regarding this decision. Here are the two songs (that I saw on youtube) and hear for yourself.

"Kimi Ga Iru Kara" sung by Sayuri Sugawara:



"My Hands" sung by Leona Lewis:



As for me? To be honest "My Hands" is a very good song, but for me it kinda doesn't fit. Unless they actually use an orchestral version instead of this one then I'd have no qualms about it. The tune of "Kimi Ga Iru Kara" kinda grew on me since I've heard it repeatedly while watching the trailers. I hope they use both or at least make an english version of this one. They were able to pull it off with FF X-2's 1000 Words so I don't see a reason why they shouldn't do it again ._.

No comments:

Post a Comment