Monday, November 16, 2009

The Story So Far

Hi. Lol what a way to start XD The idea of blogging my adventures through the different cyber worlds I've been through has been bugging me for the past few days and now that I'm actually doing it I don't know what to put in. Well I guess these things take time, which is okay, 'coz I have a lot of that right now (too much even).

I guess I'll start off with an overview of what MMOs I've played / been playing. The very first MMO I played, like most of the people here in the Philippines, was Ragnarok Online, which was launched here around july 2003, around the same time I started my college life. This game actually made it easier for me to make friends (in the real world of course), and made it easier for my wallet to dry out XD


The oldest screenshot i could find of my RO days. Sadly, the older ones were lost :(

Then around 2 years later, i think, came the launch of Rising Force Online (RF Online). At the time the only 3D MMORPGS i know of where FF XI Online and WOW XD. And the setting was unique, siding with 1 of 3 races that are at war with each other; I definitely had to try it out. I had a lot of fun in that game as well, so much that I became inactive in RO. Though I had to quit around May the year after (2006) because I needed to focus on my on-the-job training and thesis, not to mention the fact that I felt alienated in the guild that I co-founded (my other co-founders whom i knew iRL quit XD)


First RF Screenshot lol

It was about at this time that I started playing O2Jam, which was an online rhythm game, and was kind of like stepmania where you had to press the corresponding key at the right moment, so that the melody you'd hear would sound right. I think I only have one screenshot of that game because most of the time I played on internet cafes outside the office during lunch break XD I think that was also the reason I got hacked in RO lol.


Not even a screenshot, just my avatar. I must've deleted it ._.

Let's see... Ah yes. Well I remember I stuck with O2Jam until after graduation since I don't want to go back and get addicted to MMORPGS again (yeah right XD). But I yielded to the evil (lol) and decided to try something new. It wasn't really new in the market but I decided to try it anyway since it had a unique school setting to it. Yes, Ran Online XD I don't remember how long I've been in this game though, but I remember I got to lvl 85 I think? Anyway it was fun while it lasted but our crappy dial-up connection back then discouraged me from continuing on playing it ._.


This wasn't even my screenshot, it was just given to me. I wonder why I didn't take any back then? ._.

So after my short time from that game I think I went back to RO to start a new adventure on the server where most of my iRL friends were. We were all in a guild called Annihilation back then. I think the guild is kind of dead now but the friendship is still strong to this day :D Anyway I enjoyed this second RO life much more because of the guild (questing / power leveling with guild mates, siege battles XD).

Then around july-august 2007 there were these two new games that appeared. Granado Espada and Pefect World. I was actually getting bored with RO, despite the fun and challenge of being an int-type ninja, but the Multiple Character Control system of GE and the amazing landscape of PW piqued my interest. When I tried GE I learned that after the open beta period the game would go P2P and that I had little time to earn free 2 months for my account. I had to lvl my party to lvl 20 before the OBT period ends. I didn't make it XD


First decent-ish screenshot of the Mescherchmidt family from who-knows-what server back then.

So I gunned for Perfect World instead XD This game was amazing with its features and graphics. But I only lasted around 8 months! Why? Coz it was so expensive! Even if it was free-to-play you'd have no choice to top-up if you want to continue leveling once you get near the high-level tier. Still, the friendships i made and the times I spent admiring the landscape are priceless XD


First screenshot yet again. My low-end rig does not do justice to the eye-candy it could give >_<

After that I went back to RF to try to start anew, but the game was so different from the first time I played it. I only got so far as lvl 41. It was not newbie-friendly at all. That and there were a lot of jerks even w/in your own race. But destiny made me quit before I decided to. Our broadband + phone line got cut off and the next time I was able to go online at home was december last year. This time I was looking for something new, again XD At first I planned on playing Nostale PH but I ended up downloading the client for GrandChase instead. I actually got addicted to this game because of its graphics and side-scrolling action gameplay. But it was a game that could get lonely since it was on an instance basis. I don't know if things changed now, but last august there were a lot of people using third-party programs that enabled them to finish dungeons in a minute or so where it would normally take of up to about half an hour. Plus my friend iRL stopped playing :| So I quit too.


Yep, the default character is a girl. Elesis, the tomboy-ish swordsman. You get to unlock the other characters as you progress though.

I also got to try out Exteel SEA when it launched its CBT phase, but only for a day. I got tired trying to connect to the game. Our broadband connection's always fucked up and can't enter some sites, even if I restart the connection <_< Its a FPS game wherein you control mechs, so expect it to be cool. I had several screenshots of it but I forgot to copy the folder when I uninstalled it ~_~ At around February of this year, the same time I was playing GCPH, Rohan PH was launched here. Like always I decided to try it out. I only lasted through the whole CBT phase. At first I liked it, but it became quite mediocre for my tastes later on, as the grinding steadily made its presence. But the real let-down for me was the fact that it was difficult to be a support character here, and the constant threat of getting PK'ed is annoying. And I was still committed to playing GC at the time XD


wow the first day of CBT was my birthday lol.

From mid-August until now, I am exploring the world of Granado Espada, again. I didn't use my old account, just because. XD Now I am pioneering under the name of the Tenebroso family in GESEA's Rembrandt server :D

Long story short: I am two-bit, half-baked wanderer XD

Whew what a summary. I guess I'll get to start telling my RO days next.

No comments:

Post a Comment